Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Baptism

What a wonderful baptismal preparation program the Stake put on this evening.  It was very informative for the kids, and it was a great time for me to bond a little with Jason.  Grateful to Brian for babysitting.  My mom is out of town all week.

Also grateful that Rick did not make a big deal about the baptism.  Jason is happy to have Jason do it, since Rick admitted to his son that he will "most likely" not be able to do it.  What a relief.

Saw a couple (and their children) at the program tonight who used to be friends through Rick and are still Rick's friends.  Awkward.  Especially since it is one of the two couples who were reportedly at their wedding.  Ick.

I read scriptures with Hattie tonight.  I have decided that I am going to at least read with the big kids as much as possible.  I've let it go because it has become such a hassle and a zoo, but I know I need to get back into the habit.  I want the kids to be more confident in their spiritual strength.  I want them to know and feel my testimony.  I want them to have the Spirit as their constant companion.  I can help them achieve those things!

No comments: