Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Garage Sale!

I came home from dropping off Hattie at school today and my neighbor was having a Yard Sale. Cars were driving up and down the street like crazy, so I decided to drop everything and put some stuff out to try to sell. Not an easy task with 3 little kiddos running around. I called one of my friends (actually I called several but I had to keep calling until I found one available) to come help with the children while I tried to find things to put out and also sell what I could.

Turns out, I did pretty well overall. Made over $80 in less than 5 hours with NO PREPARATION whatsoever. Whoo hoo! Yay me! Now I felt kind of dumb when my neighbor told me he made $400 yesterday, but oh well. I'll still be able to pay for Bunco tonight and probably even our date tomorrow (yes, my dad is taking all 4 of the children overnight tomorrow)!

Time to shower up (hot and sweaty from garage saling! Blech - It was like 95 degrees out there!) before I get moving on the carpool!

No comments: