Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Gosh, I want to have something to say.  And I have a lot of thoughts running through my head, but I'm not sure what to address.

Therapy with the kids today.  Hattie doesn't like that Brian disciplines them when they misbehave.  Interesting.  "Brian should be nicer, like Carolyn."  Haha.  Brian is possibly the nicest person I know.  Turns out, Carolyn doesn't discipline the kids.  She only disciplines Norah.  Makes sense, then, that she is SUPER DUPER NICE.

Jason says he "always hurts people's feelings" when he's at his dad's house.  Specifically, he was referring to a time that he "hurt Carolyn's feelings without knowing it."  Dad came to him and told him that he had hurt her feelings.  Jason had to apologize, but he "didn't think she actually forgave" him.  What was his sin???  He asked her "Why do you always wear sweatshirts?"  He still does not understand why he got in trouble for that, AND she never answered him...

Hattie says she'd much rather have Carolyn as a stepmom than have Brian as a stepdad.  Jason says he'd much rather have Brian as a stepdad than have Carolyn as a stepmom.  Interesting.

Of course, this is all from the perspective of a 10 and 7 year old.  What do they know?

1 comment:

Brian said...

Thank you for such a great compliment Amber. I love caring fire your family. I know it is difficult for them. I am sorry that I have been more harsh with them than is appropriate for someone in my position.