Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Doubt

You doubted me, so I began to doubt myself (again.)  We doubted my ability to change, to be different, to be more and better than I have ever been.  Self-doubt leads to self-abusive thoughts.  Maybe Rick is right.  Maybe he's been right all along...

I stop myself before I head too far into the chasm that is my nihilistic self.  Remember your anchor; Remember your God!  I am everything I hope to be.  I can be anything I choose to be.  Good, bad, right, wrong, happy, unhappy.  God is in control, not you, not that other guy, not even me.

Word of Wisdom for today...
“To strengthen our relationship with God, we need some meaningful time alone
with Him. Quietly focusing on daily personal prayer and scripture study, always
aiming to be worthy of a current temple recommend—these will be some wise
investments of our time and efforts to draw closer to our Heavenly Father. Let us
heed the invitation in Psalms: ‘Be still, and know that I am God.’”

Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Ensign, November 2010
DailyWOW 2/24/2012

1 comment:

Brian said...

I thought that my honest feelings would lead to a better relationship. I told you I trust you. It wasnt enough. I have always trusted your growth and change. I have made changes in myself.

I have been there for you. I have loved alll of you.

I have clearly let you down. I continue to improve. But I will not try to be the perfection you want.

I will do my best. That is all. I wish you would have just told me that my best wasn't enough for your family.