Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Today

I haven't cried this much in a long time.

My husband has a girlfriend. She and her daughter live with him in their one bedroom apartment. I know it, he knows it, my kids know it, the church knows it. This is my life.

Today, desperate for someone to watch the babies so that I could attend Derek's Mother-Son Lunch, I asked Rick to ask her to watch Parker and Jane. And I dropped them off in tears (me, not them) and picked them up in tears. Best part is that I still missed the lunch. That was my day.

I am grateful for family, friends, and emotional support that never seems to end. In two days, the kids go with their dad until Monday. I get to have a relaxing birthday. And I can try to forget what I experienced this afternoon.

1 comment:

Jaime Koenig said...

Sorry you had such a bad day. Hang in there, it will eventually get better.