Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Peace

I have a brief minute before Rick gets home from work and Hattie, Jason, and Derek all come home from the neighbor's house. Breanna is peacefully watching TV downstairs. Terrible babysitter, I know, but Hattie did explain the "water cycle" to us the other day after having learned it on "Blue's Clues". Seriously, that made me feel so good about allowing them so much TV time. Rationalizations, I know.

So I like to think I'm making up for the lack of blogging by posting 3 times in one day. Is it working? Anyone? Maybe I'm trying to make more of a habit of getting myself onto the blog more often. We shall see. I always say that and I rarely follow through.

Oh yeah, and yesterday my car battery went dead (the joys of young children who like to leave on lights in cars) so we had to jump it. But it was so dead that it would not go into neutral (for us to push it into the driveway next to Rick's car). Therefore, we literally had to clean out the side of the garage to fit Rick's car in and then jump the van. Hilarious. Think if we'd have known it would only take 10 minutes then we would have cleared a space for Rick's car weeks ago?? No, I didn't think so either. But at least there's a spot for another car in there. How cool is that?

I just heard a child bound through the front door, and I'm sure the other two are not far behind. Ah yes, here they are now. Hattie comes in screaming "Derek, you scared the crap out of me!" Uh oh, wonder where she learned that from??

No comments: