Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Catalina

We survived another Catalina race this weekend.

Friday we (Shawna and I) took the kids to Wild Rivers. We were invited via Facebook and a casting call to participate in filming their newest commercial. So keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks for my kids smiling wet faces on your TV. It was freezing cold and miserable, but hopefully they got some good footage of my adorable crew. :-) We made it, and even (eventually) had a little fun.

Saturday Daddy left for his Catalina race and we drove down to the Welk Resort for some Day Use of their facilities. Much better than Wild Rivers - no cameras, but at least the pools were heated and the sun came out for a bit near the end of our stay. All in all, it was a fun day - and Jason managed to do some real swimming without his floaties. Also, I learned that Breanna is a little fish and cannot wait to learn to swim herself...

We even made it to church on Sunday - ON TIME - so needless to say, I was physically, mentally, emotionally EXHAUSTED by the end of it all. Sunday night Rick and Shawna cleared the family room and the playroom so that the carpets could get cleaned this morning at 9am. What studs! And now we have clean and beautiful carpets. All is well with the world.

Today, I barely survived a supremo meltdown from Hattie around homework time. Seriously, it was way up there on the richter scale. But somehow, we survived. And we all had homemade pizzas for dinner. YUMMY! I love WinCo. It is my new favorite store. I could spend hours shopping there, and still only spend $100. The best!

Well, it's only 9:30, but it feels like 11. So I'm going to wrap this up until next time. Probably go take a bath and see if I can con my husband into finishing the foot massage he started this afternoon... Wish me luck.

No comments: