Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June!

Finally I feel like I have something I can blog about. Rick's sister arrived yesterday evening and I can already feel the relief! Shawna is 16 and lives in Montana with her mom and stepdad. She's the youngest of Rick's sisters on his mom's side, and the last one left at home... (on his dad's side the youngest is Jason's age! haha.) So now she is going to stay with us "for the summer" and my life doesn't seem so, ummm, well, overwhelming.

Only a couple more weeks of school left. Jason's "graduation" from preschool is on the 19th and Hattie's last day is on the 24th (Daddy's birthday!) so we are starting to count down. It will definitely be more fun (and more manageable) with Shawna's help! It is so nice to have someone else around to help with the kids while I am trying to clean up. Although I realized this morning that I am a little limited to how much cleaning I can do in one swoop. I cleaned up the kitchen and then I passed out on the couch, totally exhausted. Gotta figure out how to balance that better.

Not June but July I will be singing again at the MERC theater in Temecula.
http://www.temeculalive.org/countryatthemercsite/countryatthemerc_home.htm
I sang on May 30th and had such a blast. I'm stoked I get to sing again before the baby is born - I am performing on July 25th @ 7pm.

Oooh! We're getting the carpet cleaned on Friday. I have finally decided it is time - regardless of whether or not we end up keeping this house!! Rick apparently spilled milk on the carpet in front of the couch and didn't clean it up properly. Now all I can smell is stinky carpet. Gross! Doesn't help that I have pregnancy nose and can smell EVERYTHING. Blech.

So, I've officially entered the 3rd trimester, and boy can I feel it. Too much activity is cumbersome. So glad I will not be alone for the next couple of months. Allows me a chance to really look forward to having this baby and enjoying a newborn again. Not that I ever really enjoy newborns much. Hahahahaha... But all of the sudden I am starting to feel positive about the next few months, and that is a good thing.

No comments: