Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The House

So I called Chase AGAIN yesterday to see what is UP with our loan modification. We were supposed to be moving forward in this program starting in April, but I haven't seen any paperwork YET. I've been calling every two weeks and they've been saying, just wait, the docs could take up to 45 days. Really???? So I've been waiting. Finally I get a hold of someone yesterday and find out that we've been put back into foreclosure and our mod was canceled - WHAAAAAATTT??? Who are you people?? The girl I talked to was very nice. She REqualified us for the program and (HOPEFULLY?) sent out the paperwork. We should get it within the week. If not, I may lose my mind.

So, the new Obama program puts our payment down where we can afford it. And as long as we make the payments, we get to keep the house. After three months of making the payments we roll over into a permanent modification (from the trial period). So it is all looking pretty good. Still have to work out taxes and insurance, but that shouldn't be too hard considering all we've already endured.

At the very least, it feels like a relief to know that we can keep our house. As soon as we get the paperwork, I mean. Then it will feel like a relief.

No comments: