Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Seriously??

I slept really well last night. I had a nice hot bath, and then my lovely husband was kind enough to painfully rub the "walnut sized" knot out of my shoulder before I zonked out. His willingness was fortunate for me since it was already almost 11 when we crawled into bed. I am so grateful because it allowed me to relax enough to get a thorough night's sleep - and THEN the children all slept in. Well, Breanna did wake up at 5, but I (which this never ever ever happens with her!) was able to get her to fall asleep in my bed. Then she slept until like 7:30. Seriously! And Derek didn't come in to wake me up until 7:15! So I felt like a queen this morning. Good thing. It was a long day.

First off, Wednesdays are always long because Rick goes sailboat racing every Wednesday now. Usually the day is broken up by Hattie and my singing lessons in the evening and "the babysitter" will feed, bathe, and put the children to bed before we get back. Makes it not so bad. However, our singing teacher is on vacation this week and, therefore, we were all on our own today. Jason did have a Dr. appt, for which we got a sitter, but that was at like 3pm - no help at all with bedtime.

Sooo, since I slept so well and woke up in a pleasant mood, I thought I might take the children down to the Edwards movie theater for the "free kids movie". Today was Hotel for Dogs, which we haven't seen, and I wanted to see... I also decided to invite some extra children on the theory that they would keep my children happy in the movie and I could take care of the babies. Well, after the ordeal of getting everyone up and dressed and out by 845ish, I got to the children's friends' house and had to wait for them to get ready. Once we got to the movie theater they were sold out. I think this depends partly on the popularity of the movie, since in years past I have shown up last minute and still gotten seats. Or maybe there are just more people catching on...

No movie, I decide to take the children to the park. This, however, turned out to be a brilliant idea since they ended up playing PEACEFULLY at the park for over 2 hours. They could likely have continued that way until this minute if we didn't have to go feed them lunch and take Jason to the doc. Jason, it turns out, which I already figured, has a cyst on his back. The doctor said we could leave it or cut it out. Hmmm, my 5 year old voted for leaving it, so we'll just let it be for now. If ever we decide to, we can always get it removed. No biggie. Good to know.

By the end of this it is hot and I am tired and the evening activity (dinner, bed) is looming. Now I have barely survived all of that and have not yet heard from my husband. Usually I get the "I'm on my way call" about now. But his dad and brother are supposed to be on the boat with him today, so that could be distracting him from his wife-call. I will refrain from further comment.

My children were particularly annoying AND particularly adorable today, so I will take the good with the bad. Now that they are sleeping, they are all my favorites and I can get ready for a new day. I hope Daddy calls soon, since the call usually means another hour and a half before he's home.

No comments: