Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

October

Hasn't quite been a full month yet, so I'm not doing too badly on blogging. I've thought about it several times, but life is busy so I haven't gotten around to it until now.

Hattie auditioned for a role in the musical "Scrooge" and got the part of Kathy Cratchit. Very exciting since she has several lines and even gets to sing a little bit. Rehearsals are about three nights a week (6 to 9!!) so that has added another level to the "busy" we've been experiencing. Exhausting for Mommy, for sure! But we get to bring Jane with us and all of the ladies at the play love to dote on the newborn baby. It's fun (in a way...)

Homeschooling is still going very well. I love the flexibility and freedom of it all. I feel like we are getting alot accomplished in fairly short amounts of time. Hattie is still a struggle (about 3 days out of 5) but we are definitely settling into a bit of a routine. There are times where she cooperates! I have a meeting with my EF (Educational Facilitator) this Thursday, so I'm sure I'll get a better sense of where we're at. Everyone says the first year is the hardest and most confusing so I'm trying to be very lenient with myself. However, I do think we are doing a good job so far!

Some friends came over two weeks ago and helped clean my entire house. Since then I have gotten a very good routine going and have been able to keep it super clean! Rick has been very helpful and supportive, and even the kids have gotten into the act. Jason, I have learned, is an expert vacuumer. The babies do their best to help out when asked, and Hattie, well, she does her chores, sometimes...

Rick is still in LA, patiently waiting for better jobs to appear. At least the checks are cashing every two weeks, so I cannot complain...

No comments: