Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Painful

Every time I let myself get caught up in what I did, the hurt I caused, how Rick must have felt, it totally devastates me. I don't know if anyone understands just how much it pains me to think about how much I damaged my husband with my choices. It is easy for me to blame myself for everything that was wrong everything that is wrong with our marriage, our family, but it is not true.

My therapist reminded me last week (since we've addressed this before) that I let myself hurt emotionally because a part of me thinks I deserve it. A big part. Most of me. I want so badly to believe that I am a terrible person who doesn't deserve happiness, doesn't deserve to be loved. It is very very difficult to overcome these feelings of self doubt. Some days are good. Today is not.

I believe I actually torture myself with thoughts of how "things could be different" how things "should" be different. Literal torture. It is physically painful the hurt I cause for myself. And deep down I know it will never show him how sorry I am. It will never be enough to save our family, save my marriage.

I don't want him back. I really don't. I had such a strong week. So many reminders that this is a better path. So many confirmations that my future is so much brighter than my present, IF I persevere in truth and faith. But it is hard not to regret the loss of that eternal family I imagined. I know those blessings are still there. I know we will be okay, but it hurts so much. Every day. Especially today.

I am still struggling. I wish I wasn't, but I am. I am still married. I wish I wasn't, but I am.

No comments: