Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sundays

Since my spiritual awakening, I have developed a new appreciation for Sundays. Admittedly, Sundays are much easier when the kids are with their father, but even when they're at church with me, I am still grateful for the opportunity to go to church. Grateful for the support of a loving ward family and a truly inspired Bishop.

The spirit was strong today at church. The speakers talked about service, but more than that, I felt the spirit throughout sacrament meeting. It was overwhelming and gave me great comfort.

I meet with my Bishop almost every Sunday. He doesn't require it, but I kind of do. It helps me to talk with him and get reassurance that I remain on the right path. Even though I tend to revisit the same themes and similar struggles, I know I am making progress. I continue to make progress.

For some reason, despite my own hurt, my own anger, I haven't stopped believing in my eternal family. I haven't given up on my husband. I haven't even stopped loving him. I've just let him go for now. Accepted that he isn't choosing us. I hope he does eventually. I hope, when that time comes, it isn't too late.

No comments: