Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

My life.

What a long week, and I'm headed into a long weekend. Parents are out of town until Tuesday so I'm on my own. I mean, I am normally on my own, technically, but it sure is nice to have the moral and emotional support around.

Tired from lack of sleep (these kids do NOT sleep!) but at least I can let Janey cry it out for the next few nights (since Papa and Grandma are not here) and that will help.

We had a nice night tonight with Papa Kurt and Grandma Patti. Brief, but nice. And now, they are mostly in bed. Baby is still up and Hattie is still out. (She has "road show" practice, and I am suddenly flashing forward to her teenage years when she is out all night...) So I have a peaceful moment until she comes home and we get to fight about whether or not she takes a shower (she WILL!) and if she goes straight to bed after (she WILL!) This is my life.

Busy weekend ahead as we head out to Menifee tomorrow to visit with friends. I am so excited to catch up with my Lauralina and for the kids to play with their friends. Hattie misses Menifee and has asked about Cassidy many, many times. I look forward to our visit. And I'll be swinging by our favorite store Winco to get some orange honey for my mommy. Haha. This is my life. I love it.

Dramatic and stressful morning transitioned (surprisingly) into peace and cooperation in the evening. A new level. A hate this. Absolutely hate it. But I'm surviving it. With a lot of help and support. The children and I will continue to survive. And thrive.

No comments: