Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let's just clarify...

I am trying to do the right thing. I just want to do the right thing. I believe that Heavenly Father has made it very clear to me that the right thing for me to do is to work things out with my husband. Am I happy with the way he has treated me (or the children, for that matter)?? No. Am I happy with the way he is acting? No. Do I "want him back"? No, not this guy. Not the guy I've had to deal with for the past 9 months or so. No. Not at all.

God has shown me what we could have, what we could be, if he chose it. He would have to choose it. He is not. To me, this is not about him "coming back" so much as it is about doing right by our children. I screwed up plenty, but I would like to honor the commitment we made to each other and to our children. I have received the testimony that we could be happy, we could love each other, again. I trust God. That is all I can do.

No comments: