Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Menifee

Yesterday, I visited Menifee/Sun City. I go back every couple of months to get my hair cut in Temecula (Jessy Hayes is the BEST!) because I cannot give up my girl. When I make a hair appointment, I try to contact some of my "old" friends and spend some time with them as well. Yesterday was a particularly successful visit. I managed to hook up with two of my friends from the Sun City Ward for lunch before my appointment. Then, afterward, I had an amazing visit with another great friend and her family who moved up to Romoland.

As I drove from Menifee down to Temecula for my haircut, I found myself pondering deeply. "This is my home" I thought. Rick and I lived in that house, in that city, for over 6 years. It was a long time. Enough time for us to have 4 (and a half) of our children. Enough time to build real, meaningful friendships. I like the slower pace out there. I like the way the communities are growing, but not overgrown. Going back is really fun. It really does feel like home.

After my haircut, I began driving back up north to Romoland to meet with Adriana. It was later than I had anticipated being, and it was a little out of the way, but I was determined to make the stop. I believe now that there was a reason. I don't know how to describe the time I spent there. It would be reduntant to try to outline the entire (approximately) six hours of discussion that took place, but I must say that it felt extremely profound. Admittedly, I did a lot of the talking. Probably not a big shocker. I had the opportunity to bear a true testimony. Not necessarily a testimony of the Church (although I think my feelings about the Church were made abundantly clear) but - perhaps more sincerely?- a testimony about my journey. I was able to share the things I have done wrong, the things I have learned, the things I have changed, the things I have done right, and the things I hope to continue to change. We talked a lot about my experience - what I have gone through (including the things I caused myself!) and what I am still going through. We talked about life, family, the Church. I felt the Spirit there with us in that visit. It was uplifting, even in testimonies of sadness or weakness or vulnerability. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have. I am grateful for the generosity and openness of good friends and the love that has been extended to me in so many ways.

I continue to pray for my husband. I continue to hope for reconcilliation. I feel confident in my ability to feel and follow the Spirit. I know what Heavenly Father wants from me and for my family. I pray Rick will learn it too and choose to take that chance.

No comments: