Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Babies

I just got off the phone with my babies. They aren't really babies any more, but for some reason that is what I always want to call them. I talked to the younger 4 earlier. How fun it is to hear their voices as listen to their conversation skills develop. Jason is kind of an abrupt kid, not much for dragging out the conversation. He is brief, to the point, and always ready to pass the phone on to the next kid. Derek is a little more friendly, unless he is distracted. If I can keep his attention, I can get him talking pretty good. Although he does like correcting me when I get something wrong. Breanna is great at socializing. She could talk and talk and then when she's done I always know because she says "I love you Mommy" :-) Tonight she said "I love you like a Bunny!" so I said "I love you like a Banana!" How satisfying. It's hard to tell when Jane is on the phone because her voice is actually very similar to Breanna's, except her words are COMPLETELY INDECIFERABLE. It is hilarious and was totally cracking me up. Hard to have a conversation with gibberish, but fun nonetheless...

Hattie had to call me back a little later because she was at "Achievement Days" (a twice-monthly church activity for the 8-11 year old girls) with Carolyn. That was a little painful. Good news is that the kids went to church this past weekend and Hattie participated in Achievement Days tonight. It's very nice since she is missing all of August at our ward because of her time with Dad.

Hattie's birthday is Saturday and I am frantically planning her party. I got to talk to her about it tonight. Made me smile. A lot.

I'm so glad I am going to therapy tomorrow. Time to open some long scabbed-over wounds so that I can heal them correctly. Things that have nothing to do with Rick! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

Amber,

You are so inspiring. I enjoy so much as to hear where you find your happinesses. After reading some of your blog, my heart goes out to you as you endure this pain. And yet in the same week, you convey your joy and happiness with your children, and your faith in the Lord. What I find so inspiring is that you have proved that it is possible... to live through the worst parts and find the positive in what you have. Sometimes, in these types of situations, it seems overwhelming and the thought of actually getting through all the horrible stuff seems insurmountable. The world needs you, Amber, and all the wisdom you have and continue to acquire. You are helping the rest of us see what is possible when there seems to be no hope in sight. Thank you, Amber. I thank Heavenly Father for you and what you have been able to share. You are my hero.