Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Enough

If I am measuring my worth through another's eyes, I will never ever be enough. No matter what I do, there is always a way it could have been done better. No matter how much I accomplish, there is always more that can be done. My house will never be clean enough. My children will never be well-behaved enough. I will always be too emotional, too stoic, too strong, too weak, too passive, too aggressive if I am allowing my worth to be measured by what others think.

Fortunately, my worth is not dependent on what any person on this earth thinks of me. My worth is measured in my Savior's eyes, my worth comes from my Heavenly Father.

I will never be perfect. I have said this phrase many times to many people, particularly to my husband. I will never be perfect, but I am finally trying to better myself, better my family. I recognize my mistakes (even now, even the smaller ones, as I continue to make mistakes) and strive to overcome the flaws that have led me to transgression.

Isaiah 44:22
I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Repentance envelopes much more than a single act or a solitary bad choice. Repentance is about a true change of heart. It CHANGES a person's HEART. It makes anything possible. Anything is possible through the Savior, through our Lord.

1 comment:

shellopez said...

Perfect. Not just for you, but for all of us. Very well said, and so so true.