Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Calm and Rational

Once I calmed down (and talked to about a zillion different people!) I settled my mind about our General Authority visit on Saturday morning.  I am very excited that such a distinguished Priesthood leader has chosen to take his time to visit my family.  I am overwhelmed with emotion.  I am shocked, but content.

It took about a day for me to realize that this isn't about Rick.  It isn't really about me either, and it isn't even about our kids, really.  It is about Heavenly Father, and his ever-abounding love for us!  This is such a blessing, a wonderful reminder that Heavenly Father KNOWS us, and LOVES us, and our Savior has FELT our struggles.  A friend of mine told me that "Jesus Christ cannot come and visit us in our homes.  This is the next best thing."  What an amazing statement.

I'd better get cleaning. That and good thing the cleaning ladies come on Thursday.  :-)

No comments: