Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Costco

My decision to apply at Costco was actually quite random.  My mom and I were in there with the two babies the other day (Oct 20) and one of the Customer Service Reps offered us a membership at a discount.  My father-in-law had recently removed me from his account, so I WAS in need of establishing membership, either on my own or under my parents, so it was perfect timing on her part.  As we continued in the process, my mom mentioned "You could do that."  And she was soooo right!  I asked the girl at the Member Service desk if they were hiring.  She said they were, and told me to go apply online.  I couldn't get to it until the next day, and I filled out the online application for both La Habra and Fullerton.  The Fullerton store called me on Monday or Tuesday and scheduled today's interview.

My parents had to shift around their schedule quite a bit to accommodate the babysitting for me to make the interview at 3pm.  My friend Kristy picked up all three of the oldest from school and dropped them at the house for me.  Just interviewing for a job requires a great deal of help.  Grateful for the "village" that is helping me!

I dressed up, did my hair, put on some make-up...  oh yeah, and I printed up my resume too!  Once I got there (ten minutes early) I ended up having to wait almost a full hour before the interview even started.  In the break room.  At Costco.  A W K W A R D.

The interview went great.  The two managers I met with both liked me a lot, and the general manager basically said it was a "no-brainer" to hire me.  His only worry was that I was so over-qualified for the position - he wanted to make sure that I knew what I was in for.  I knew.  I know.  I am so ready.  Haha.

Drug test done, waiting for the background check before I can do orientation.  Exciting stuff!  I am looking forward to the new challenge, new experience.  It is a new chapter. 

1 comment:

Bellerina said...

Seriously happy for you that's great news!!