Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Meeting with the lawyers.

Monday, September 26, we met with both of our lawyers to finalize the details of our divorce.  2.5 hours of hashing out everything we've already agreed upon, typing up papers, signing papers.

The visitation is staying what we've already discussed.  He has them 1st, 3rd, 5th weekends and Wednesday nights.  Summer vacation is week on/ week off.  We trade off Thanksgiving and Spring Break.  We split Christmas holiday.  Basically 70/30 split overall.

Dept of Child Support Services (DCSS) assessed child support (while Rick is on disability) at $1590 per month.  When (??) he goes back to work, I will have to contact DCSS for them to re-assess the child support amount.  Back child support was agreed at $13,687.

Now the court papers have to be filed.  My lawyer said that it should be rejected at least once.  Eventually it will be accepted.  I'll get the finalized dissolution paperwork in the mail.  And he will marry her.

New day.  New life.

I felt confident, calm.  I did not cry.  Not once.  Not before, during, or after.   I haven't cried since.  Good riddance.  What an unpleasant man.

No comments: