Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Good Night

Whether I am alone in the house or not, it always feels weird to go to bed when the kids are gone.  Probably because Parker shares his room with me.  I find myself wanting to check on him or instinctively wondering where he is.  I have to remind myself that they are with their Dad.  It is comforting, although its own kind of stressful, having time away from the children, but I wouldn't necessarily say that I like it.  I need it.  I need sleep; I need time to catch up on cleaning and laundry.  I don't like being away from my kids.  I do like that my husband and his pretend wife get to experience the joy of having all of those children to care for.  It is my job, and I love it, but I am a little smug when it comes to their ability (or inability) to do my job as well as I.  Don't ask them.  They will tell you they do it, gladly, cheerfully, and 10x better.  Ask my children, who will tell you that "it's harder for Dad because Dad just isn't used to having all these kids around."  Awwww, poor Rick.  What's new?  Now he plays victim to his own children.  What-Ever.

Today is daylight savings.  I am very very very very very very excited about having an extra hour of uninterrupted sleep.  Did I mention excited?  :-)  Sweet dreams everyone!

No comments: