Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lies

1.  You said that you were just friends.  In August, September, October, November, December, etc...  I could keep going on and on.  You lied.  You planned to marry her as early as August of last year. 

2.  You said you "tried" to come back.  You NEVER tried.  Trying does not mean "thinking about it."  Trying does not mean "talking yourself out of it."  That is not trying.  You chose her.  You decided.   I tried.  I kept trying, even long after you weren't worth the effort.

3.  You said I didn't change.  You are wrong.  You never took the time to get to know me.  You never gave me the chance to show you.  Actually, I DID show you.  I bent over backwards to show you.  I made lunches, bought a ring, washed and gassed up your truck.  Over and over.  And just because I am still upset, still hurt, still defensive, that does NOT mean I haven't changed. I still have the same personality, I have just changed my ways. I know now how to be faithful.

4.  You said you followed the Spirit.  The Spirit would never, ever guide you into another relationship while you are married.  Never.  I know - FROM EXPERIENCE.  I remember feeling that way, and I remember the devastation I felt when I hit my true repentance, when I realized I had been fooling myself and destroying my family.  I pray you never feel that devastation, but I hope you find your way back to the Lord, back to the truth.

5.  You said you would never leave.

6.  You said you loved me.  Love endures all things.  Even this.  You were too weak to love me.  Too weak to stick it out.  You gave up.  On me, on us, on our family.  You chose her.  That's all.

No comments: