Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Class Act

So, when Rick arrived at the hospital on Thursday, I had another visitor arrive right at the same time.
"Hi Rick," she said, "Congratulations!"
What was his response?
"Yeah, whatever."

And he thinks I'm trying to save our marriage because I "realize what I've lost."

My children are the only thing that matters to me. And "what is best for them" is to have their mother and their father together. Committed to each other and the family. Showing them that sometimes love is about endurance, and doing the work. We'd have to re-commit, both of us. We'd have to change. I think its worth it. I think they are worth it. No matter how hard it is, how much it hurts, or how long it takes. What are they worth to Rick?

2 comments:

Amy Jamieson Photography Blog said...

It takes a big person to admit wrong, to ask for forgiveness, and to bow down to ask for love. It takes a big heart to try to mend something that has never been perfect to begin with. Remember even though we have control over our actions the Lord sees the whole picture and He knows you will get through it to the place you need to be. I wish you were closer I would love to hold that baby! I have baby fever lately! <3

Alison Willette said...

You are an amazing strong person. If it were me in that hospital bed I probably would have said "If you are not here to celebrate this baby's birth then you don't belong in this room with those that are. What are you doing here?" You are a bigger person than I could ever be. I am so glad that you are holding your family together.