Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Paco

Obviously, Parker has had his name picked out for a long time. Our little Derek, who just happens to speak with a Boston accent (don't ask me, I have no idea) has always called him "Pahka" (just imagine Boston...) And then we would say... "Who's Paco?"... "You know, the baby, Pahka." And voila! A nickname was born. He shall be Paco, at least to me. And probably my mom. The other kids told me they are going to call him Kevin. I'm not kidding.

He is super cute. In kind of a grumpy old man way, just like Jason. He's tiny compared to all the rest of the babies (except maybe Hattie, but who remembers back that far?) and it's really fun to have a baby who feels like a newborn. He even fits into newborn clothes and newborn diapers! As I mentioned, his face is a lot like Jason's was (grumpy old man) except it seems that his nose is bigger. Haha. Sorry Rick, he looks just like you! His hands and feet are huge (just like the rest of the kids were...) and his pinky toe does that crooky thing they all have, too (also comes from Rick's side, I'm not kidding.) The biggest difference is that he MAY (just MAY) have Cantu hair (my mom's side) because it is so far quite dark and THICK! The kids at birth have always had very thin, feathery hair. When I washed Parker's it got SOOO FUZZY! It was adorable. And he loves being clean. Yay! Just hope it doesn't all fall out and come in blond. Haha. Just kidding. That would be cool too. With Derek it happened around 3 months. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I've really been enjoying my time with just Parker, even though I haven't gotten as much rest as I truly need and would have liked. Oh well. The kids come home tomorrow night and then they are gone again this weekend. It has been much different without them around, but I've definitely needed to recover before I'm at full swing again. (Pain meds!!!!)

Mediation on Thursday. Rick hasn't seen the baby since Thursday. He's not interested in coming here to see him. He says he wants to do the DNA test when he drops the kids off tomorrow. Whoop-dee-doo. I know who the father is. :-P Oh well.

I am accepting that he's divorcing me. I don't like it. I don't want it. But I have to accept it eventually. I believe he's an idiot for giving up on his family, but if he never comes back... I will be loved again. And better. Either way, I know it will be better than it was. It has to be. I'm already better.

Gonna try to get some more pics up soon. He's growing so fast!! :-)

4 comments:

Troop 1997 said...

My Gracie spoke with a French accent. Uhm yeah. hahahaha

Troop 1997 said...

woopps! I commented under my Brownie blog! It's me! Amy! hahah

Amy Jamieson Photography Blog said...

Did this work?

Amy Jamieson Photography Blog said...

Yay! Okay I DO want to see pics soon! Of his toes too! :)