Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Superhero Baby!

We named Parker when I was pregnant with Jane. We had to pick out a boy's name, and Jason suggested "Peter Parker" (yes, like Spiderman) to us. Both Rick and I liked Parker, but not Peter. I had remembered that Rick's Grandpa Lloyd's middle name was Wayne, and, of course Batman is "Bruce Wayne" as well. I loved the idea of naming a baby Parker Wayne, and miraculously Rick agreed. I think it was the easiest name choice we ever made. Of course, Janey was a girl, so we didn't use it then, but once we found out this baby was a boy, it was a simple decision. I still liked the name and Rick still liked the name and we really didn't need to have another thing to fight over during this pregnancy. The separation was hard enough. So there you have it. Superhero Baby.

And I think he really is a superhero. He's very strong. He can already lift his head. On his belly, on my chest, he pushes up and looks around. Janey and Jason were both able to do that within the first day, but they were also both over 9 lbs! He's the smallest one and can still push himself up. So cute!

My brother Matt said that maybe he's like an ant and his strength will be ten times his size. Haha. So clever, that Matt. I guess we'll see.

Everyone keeps telling me that Rick will regret having not been here. I don't know. I hope so? I hope not? I don't think this could be any more difficult, emotionally. At least I know I am thrilled about Parker. He is truly incredible.

No comments: