Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Catching up.

It has been so long.  Sorry everyone, I can hardly believe it's been almost two weeks already without any updates.  They've been a LONG two weeks.  I had the kids the last three weekends before Christmas, and that final week they were all out of school.  It's been even more of a chaotic zoo than normal.  Of course, now, they are off with their Dad and his new wife and step-daughter (haha) until New Years Day.  I get to sleep (and breathe) and catch up around here.

December 18, 2011

On Sunday December 18, I was already starting to show signs of wear.  The kids and I had mostly gotten sick with terrible colds, and the non-stop six-kid-apalooza was getting increasingly overwhelming.  No, I am not complaining, just explaining.  We went to church (Brian and his boys even went with us, which was nice) and came home.  After we ate, I made a point to make sure the TV was not turned on, and the children began to play.  It took me about an hour to get Parker down for his nap, but the kids had started a very complex "Sleepover/Chuck E. Cheese" game which eventually made it's way from the downstairs to their rooms upstairs.  All five of the children played and played together for THREE HOURS straight with almost no fighting.  The brief shrieks I heard quickly dissipated.  I was as proud as a mother could be.  I even tried letting them all "sleep-over" in one room, but then loud cries and physical violence between siblings ended the massive love-fest.  We can't win them all.  I hate trying to write about it after the fact, but I wanted to share such a wonderful and profound memory.  It filled my heart.  <3

No comments: