Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas

We had another great Christmas where my awesome kids got completely spoiled.  The church facilitated a great deal of presents for us, which "Santa" wrapped and brought over (via my sister-in-law, Trina!!) So, so, so grateful for the help I received in providing this Christmas for my children this year.  I would have never been about to pull it off (much less afford it!) without the contributions of so many others!

After Christmas with the babies (at 10:30am) I packed them up, drove over to pick up Brian and Ramon, and then headed out to Hemet.  I had to drop the children off at Rick's at noon, and I was super proud to pull into their driveway before 12:10.  I offered to give him the rest of the breastmilk I had collected so that he could feed it to Parker, but he refused.  I was actually feeling fine about everything until that moment.  It took me a bit to get over the anger and resentment about that decision.  Eventually I was fine.

After Hemet, we headed to Moreno Valley and visited with our friend David and his mom.  We spent the rest of the day there.  I was acting like a complete lunatic since the kids had woken me up at 4:30am and then I was giddy from dropping them off with their Dad for a week.  I think it came across as a weird combination of obnoxious and abusive, but luckily I took a quick nap during the movie (Sherlock Holmes! Very Good!)  Then we stopped by a store to get fixings for dinner (Thanks for cooking, Ramon!) and headed back to David's for more socializing.  Brian's brother, Adam, and sister-in-law Cherish showed up just in time for dinner - with the most delicious brussel sprouts you've ever seen - and we all ate and talked and played games until late.  I felt like an adult.  It was so nice!

Lazy day Monday followed by Spa Day on Tuesday with the sisters-in-law.  Glen Ivy Facials, hitting the jacuzzi, and eating at Island's made for such a great relaxing day.  Not to mention all of the "girl talk."  Thankful they are still willing to listen to my ranting.  At least the conversation was split evenly between how great Brian is and what an idiot Rick is. Very satisfying, overall.

Wednesday, Brian and I got some chores done and then spent about five hours at Knott's Berry Farm.  It was great!  We got to ride the big rides and watch "Gift of the Magi" together.  Afterwards we headed back here, and while I was folding clothes in front of the TV, Brian chose to use that two hours making a serious dent on the the clutter in my bedroom.  The mess is noticeably contained!

Today, I met a friend for lunch.  When I got home, I spent the rest of the evening taking down the fake tree (this process cannot be understood or fully appreciated unless you have seen the tree apart) with my mom.  And blogging, finally, probably enough to last another week.

Tomorrow, I have to finish my chores (cleaning the room!) and go see my therapist.  Hoping I get to meet Sarah for lunch again.  It's been a good week.

No comments: