Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

D R A M A

When Rick asked me to take the kids all week, I told him I didn't think that it was reasonable for him to have them that long, but that he could take them overnight on Wednesday since there was already a "dinner" visit planned.  When he dropped them off Sunday, I asked if he was planning to pick them up from school Wednesday and he said "Sure."

This morning I texted Rick three times.
First, at about 7:30 letting him know that I was keeping Hattie home sick, Paco and Jane are also sick, and I was going to try to get the three of them into the doctor.
A short time after that, I let him know that Jason and Breanna both have cold sores.  I also let him know their schedule - pickups today - D and B @ noon, then the babies and Hattie from the house, then Jason @1:40.  Drop offs tomorrow - J (&H) @ 7:40, D @ 7:55, B @ 8:30.  Let me know when you plan to drop off the babies.
After we visited the Dr office, I let him know that Hattie is on prednisone for the next 5 days, Paco has an ear infection and needs to take amoxicillan for the next 10 days and Janey has a cold.  I asked "See you at 12:20?"

I went to the pharmacy to pick up the prescriptions, when I returned to the car (and my phone) I got a phone message saying that he wasn't picking them up from school and that he wrote an email. I checked my email.  This is what I received...

Date: Wed, Dec 7, 2011 10:51 am

Thank you for letting me k.ow how the kids are doing. Unfortunately
because I am staying at Julies and they come home tomorrow I cannot
take them there will not be enough time to disinfect the house and
both julie and even more Carl have very low immune systems. I don't
want to run the risk of them getting sick too. if I could drop off
dinner from the chicken pie shop.

as I have said before I do not read texts on my phone so please call
or email. I have been reading the ones you send but it ends up going
over the limit.

thank you
Rick

I called him back to clarify that he was not planning on taking any of the kids for any period of time, because three of them are sick.  The conversation was difficult to say the least.  He finally said - "I'll get them at 5!"  Here is my "follow-up" email.


Date: Wed, Dec 7, 2011 12:12 pm

To reiterate and respond to our phone conversation...

I believe I made it clear in my messages that I was still comfortable with you taking all six of them. They have colds. Hattie's made her asthma act up; Parker's gave him an ear infection. If you need to make alternate arrangements, that is the information you should communicate to me. Your problems are not my problems. If you would like to have the extra time, it is your job to modify the arrangement we've made. If you want them only 5 to 8, tell me you're taking them 5 to 8. If you only want the well kids, tell me you're taking the well kids. It is YOUR CHOICE. I let you know the situation, you are the one changing the plan - the reasons DO NOT MATTER to me.

The kids were expecting you to pick up. They were very disappointed.

Thanks,
Amber

Nothing is ever simple.  Nothing is ever easy.  Everything is my fault.  Seriously, who ARE you??

No comments: