Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Not Perfection

This wonderful, relaxing, productive week has given me such a great opportunity to reflect and revitalize.  I feel such peace about the divorce and about letting Rick go.  I honestly don't feel like I am missing much since I have such a complete understanding of how less-than-perfect (or happy) our relationship/marriage was.  I also have learned so much about the many, many, many things I did wrong making such a rash and sudden decision to marry a man I did not know.  It was/is a romantic concept, and I can completely empathize with my young (23yo) self at the time, but life is much different through 35yo eyes.  Plus I have SIX amazing children to consider in any decision for my future.  Would Brian make a great stepfather?  Of course.  He is an amazing man who loves me and my children.  Is it the right time for me to make that decision?  HECK NO!  There is so much more to consider, and so much more to accomplish before jumping ahead to that point.  And least of all, it would be totally financially irresponsible of me.

However, I am happy.  Happy with Brian, not because of him.  I love my children, love myself, love my future.

Drew's here! Time to go to Costco!

No comments: