Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fwd: Love



Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Forwarded message -----
From: "amberathomson@aol.com" <amberathomson@aol.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 30, 2012 11:19 pm
Subject: Love
To: "Richard Thomson" <rjthomson75@gmail.com>

I attempt to reach out to you with love and kindness, only to be met with resistance and hostility.

Your email is full of falsehoods, not the least of which being your self-righteous assessment of my repentance.  Suggesting a talk for me is cute (yes, I've read it) but I can guarantee there is no Prophet, Apostle, or Seventy who has given a talk explaining your lies to be true.  I know that there is no way God led you to Carolyn while you were married.  You believe differently.  The God of my faith would never have led you away from our temple marriage - no matter what mistakes I (or we) made.  I was willing to work through them all with you, with the help of Christ and the Atonement.  Instead, I was left to work through them and find my way back to Christ (admittedly a long way) on my own - without the eternal companion who covenanted for better or worse and promised to love me forever.  You ran and found a new wife.  Heavenly Father was not involved in your choice.  

If you or your friends would like to refute anything I've posted as false, I welcome it either publicly or privately, but NOT anonymously.  I am not anonymous; I believe it is a coward who cannot put their name on their words.

My sincerest, most righteous desire will always be that we put the past behind us and move forward for our children.  If we could come to an understanding regarding our shared past, we might have a chance of saving our children from unnecessary strife.   Understanding can only come from open communication.  I have expressed willingness in this regard from the beginning.  If you ever had a sincere desire to repair our relationship as co-parents, I absolutely would be willing to leave it out of the blog, at your specific request.  You've never expressed even an INSINCERE desire to get along with me beyond a curt politeness.  That type/level of relationship does nothing to ease our children's burdens.  The best way to be divorced is to have them see that we truly are still family to each other.  They need to feel that love between their parents, even though it will never again be a romantic love.


With Sincere Love,

Amber


Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Richard Thomson" <rjthomson75@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 30, 2012 4:23 pm
Subject: Optimism
To: <amberathomson@aol.com>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: Optimism
From: rjthomson75@gmail.com
To: Amber Thomson <amberathomson@aol.com>
CC:

Your life may not be private and you have a tell all  commitment with
anyone who will listen.We all know there have been wrongs and hurt on
both sides.You choose to air out mine stating that its your truth and
it is your truth. The thing is you don't know the truth and miss out
on details then publicize them as truth. I chose not to respond to
your emails because I have learned that you post them on your blog
which I don't read. I know I do have friends who read it and for the
most part they don't share with me becauseI have asked them not to. I
was told about my emails being posted and of certain things that
others know to be untrue.

You want to put an end to animosity then you should learn boundaries
and how to respect others privacy otherwise there will not be openness
from me to you. As I told you before I dont need to tell you anything.
Besides you have stated to me that whatever I say is a lie so why does
what I say or feel matter?

I have not gone out and said or proclaimed to the world all the ways
you hurt me and the children and I know you don't tell everyone the
whole truth. I don't  speak ill of you or share my frustration with
the world. I do have and see a therapist and  always talk to my church
leaders. They have known from the beginning. As for Fritter he too
always knew what was going on.

As my father has told you, and I have asked you too, stop speaking ill
of anyone even yourself. You will not feel true repentence till you
do. If you are truly repentant you would no longer use your "truth" to
hurt others.  The Lord remembers our sins no more and so should we be
telling our frustrations and posting others weaknesses and sins to the
world? Take them to the Lord His grace is sufficient for all. There is
a talk by President Gordon B Hinkley - "Of You it is Required to
Forgive" it may help to explain what I am trying to say and to dispell
the idea that all I was doing was lying. You can find it on youtube or
the church website.

I know you have my old email it would be honorable of you to stop
sending mail to others, as it sets others up to think they are getting
mail from me. If someone is sending me mail then it is for me not you.
You don't need it.  It's not good for you to have it or any of the old
mail. I must thank you for sending the letter Carolyn sent me to my
parents they LOVED it!  They know without a shadow of a doubt that she
loves me more than anyone ever has and that it's a Godly love, an
Eternal love. That letter continues to bless the lives of all who read
it for that is the love we all search and pray to be worthy of.

I am sorry to hear that someone is trying to hurt you but its kind of
funny that you would be supprised by that, afterall you can't see how
you hurt others by what you say or write. As for you contacting my
Bishop and Bill coming to see him the sentiment of helping to show the
truth or perspective was not conveyed, all it has done is show that
you are vindictive and all Bill did was show his arrogance. Leave the
truthtelling to the Bishops. Please change your heart from hurt to
heal I do respect you as the mother to the children I hope you will be
able to someday respect me as the father of them in turn, it has yet
to be seen for years many years and I never went out to show all what
was going on. I never gave permission for you to do what you wanted
you just did what you wanted and I tried to endure. Well I couldn't
and my life and the kids lives will be BETTER for it.

May God Be With You In All Your Rightouse Desires,
Rick




No comments: