Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Striving

My ex-husband knows exactly how to push my buttons, tear me down, exploit my insecurities and weaknesses.  Although much less often, I still allow myself to be led there.  It is a weakness.  I hope to some day be stronger.  Maybe when I have been able to put mire space between the present and my divorce.  Emotional habits are created in a marriage, whether good or bad, positive or negative.  Divorce can bring to the surface every negative emotional trigger that exists in a person.

When triggered, I still take some time to find my way back to reality, back to the Truth of the Spirit.  It used to take weeks, then days.  This time it took me hours to sort through my hurt and anger to find my heart again.  Less and less time means progress.  I would love if his words had no affect on me emotionally, but I am just not there yet.  I'm getting there.

I am still attempting to forge ahead and create a loving relationship with my ex and his wife, for the sakes of our children.  I haven't given up.

No comments: