Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I am a GREAT mom!

Because...

I am not perfect.  I admit my mistakes, and I correct them.  I start and end each day on my knees.

I collect Boxtops for my children's schools.

I take my kids to school every day, on time.  Namely, I wake them all up, make sure they get dressed, clean their rooms and make their beds.  All seven of us are in the car, dressed, with shoes/socks no later than 7:50 (usually around 7:40) every single morning.  4 kids on time to 3 schools.

I constantly change diapers for two babies, preventing (and clearing up) diaper rash. I have been changing diapers non-stop for over ten years now.  Most of those years I was changing two children at once.

I feed them, cuddle them, coddle them, as needed.

I put them to bed at a reasonable hour.

I grocery shop most days and clean the house every day.  Redundant work, but worth every minute.

I set and keep all doctor, dentist and miscellaneous appointments for my children.

I drop off and pick up 6 times every school day.

I wash, dry, fold, and manage laundry for 6 children and myself.  Also sorting socks.

I take a shower every day.  I also give them all baths every night. (We may skip once a week.)

I go to therapy.  I take my children to therapy.

I listen to their concerns, hold them when they cry, celebrate them when they succeed.

I attend every (public) performance, every assembly, every conference.

I bring them to church, and do my best to be an example to them.

I am, in all ways, and at all times, their MOTHER.  There is nothing higher on my priority list.

2 comments:

Amy Jamieson Photography Blog said...

It's really sad that we as moms are EXPECTED to do all this. When the dads (typically) can just walk away from responsibility and do as they please with whomever they please.

Makes me want to puke.

Sick. Been there DONE THAT. (well... not times 6 but you catch my drift... :D )

Trisha Ashley said...

you are awesome!!! my husband is out of a job and as we spend our days driving around AZ looking for a house, he says to me the other day..so, this is what its like to be you huh? I just looked at him and glared....yah as soon as we get a house and Im the only one working what a rude awakening he's gonna get!