Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Worthy

“God the Father is merciful and has infinite love for you despite your faults. Only the voice of Satan will cause you to feel of no value.”

Anthony D. Perkins, Liahona, Nov 2006, 76–78

This morning I went back and looked at the few brief email interactions with Eric that I kept in my records.  I am feeling confident and positive, so I felt strong enough to look at it all with new eyes.  The most important thing I can share here is that the messages he sent me were filled with  lies.  Blatant lies.  When a person is making assessments about another person based on lies, it only follows that the resulting accusations will also be false and misguided.  Frustrating, but what a relief.  Very little of what he said about me, my marriage, the breakup of my marriage, was true.  And, therefore, the attacks to my character are completely untrue.  As I said, what a relief.  Comforting to be strengthened by the truth once again.

Eric proclaimed to love me as a father.  He suggested that his attacks were things I needed to understand "for my own good."  How presumptuous.  I know better.  He considers himself my father only to feed his own delusion of grandeur and ego.  He will never be a father to me, much less a loving father.  Yuck.  The thought makes me sick.  He actually said that "as I am" I will never make it to the celestial kingdom.  Ha ha.  How would he even know, and I know better!  I know that I am enough, striving every day with sincere intent.  Success toward exaltation is not a tally of perfect actions.  Our success is in our hearts, in our goals, in our willingness to accept our faults and take responsibility for our mistakes.  In our willingness to do the RIGHT THING, despite it's difficulty, and despite temptation from the adversary to stray. 

Studying, pondering, staying in the truth is *truly* empowering!  <3

1 comment:

Amy Jamieson Photography Blog said...

God gives us ALL the ability to *make it* :) He knew what happened before anyone made their actions known to us, but He did not judge. He did not stop us. He watched us and held us in His arms and let us come BACK TO HIM under the grace of God.

Peace be with you today my dear. He wants ALL of us to come to Him. You have NOT fallen.